Does Thermage work, and how long do the results last for?
These are common questions we’re asked, with many new clients wanting to know exactly how long the results of this skin tightening treatment can be expected to last.
With the vast range of cosmetic treatments available, from laser peels to injections, deciding which is best for you can quite tricky.
If you’re trying this non-invasive treatment for the first time, you want to know if it’s worth your investment. Luckily, for those patients who qualify for this procedure, we feel that it’s worth both the time and cost if we believe it’s the right treatment for you.
Now, although we can’t say for 100% on how long your results will last for you particularly, we’ve put together some guidelines that will show you what you might be able to expect.
Read on to find out more about Thermage, including details on how long the results have lasted for previous patients of ours, and why the treatment could be a great choice for you this year.
How Does Thermage Treatment Work?
Thermage works below the surface of the skinandit is non-ablative procedure, meaning it works by heating up the targeted tissue, without actually destroying it. This process stimulates your body’s collagen production to fill in unwanted skin imperfections such as fine lines or wrinkles. As a result, patients can expect a long-lasting tightened skin.
The treatment delivers radiofrequency energy in pulses to your skin. It then cools these pulses to protect the skin’s surface from damage, ensuring that only the deeper layers are affected. The pulses then heat collagen in the skin, changing its structure and triggering the development of new collagen.
The collagen strands then start thickening and shortening as the heating procedure breaks down all hydrogen bonds. Later, they tighten up, causing visible changes in your skin within the first weeks of the treatment procedure.
With the passing of time, new collagen starts to grow. During this stage, the skin produces new collagen which tightens the skin further, leading to long-term results.
The results will keep taking hold for around six months after the procedure, and can actually last for years depending on your skin condition and natural ageing process.
How Long Will the Thermage Results Last For?
For a majority of patients, results usually last for at least two years. It won’t be the same for every single patient as people age differently and go through different aging rates. Thermage doesn’t stop the aging process, but it slows it down for a specified period.
Interestingly, a good number of patients go for another treatment around 1 and a half to 2 years after the first procedure because they want to extend the results.
There are both lifestyle and genetic factors that show how long the effects will last.
For instance, if you’re careful and avoid things like too much sun exposure and usually take proper care of your skin, you’ll end up preserving the results for longer.
How Do You Maintain Your Thermage Results?
To keep the results of your procedure lasting for longer, start using a skincare regimen.
With these tips, your Thermage procedural results will last for several years. What you should do is:
- Use a gentle cleanser daily. Choose one that’s fragrance-free and works well with all types of skin.
- Search for skincare antioxidant creams. The best includes resveratrol, vitamins E and C plus polyphenols. Such ingredients prevent the breaking down of collagen.
- Always apply sunscreen, even if you’re not planning to go out into the sun. Look for the one which uses titanium dioxide as an active ingredient instead of a base chemical.
- Also, remember to wash your face before you sleep. Using a gentle cleanser, apply it in a circular motion to increase the circulation of blood to your skin.
- You can even use prescription retinol. Although it irritates the surface, it also assistit in generating new skin cells quickly.
Will Thermage Work for You?
It’s important to know if you’re an ideal Thermage treatment candidate, and that’s something we can recommend when we talk and consult with you.
Thermage can provide noticeable and natural-looking results but is best for certain types of loose skin.
- Tightened skin with clear contours
- Improving those hooded eyelids and removing wrinkles around your eyes
- Gently enhances the loose skin around your neck or jawline
- Reducesnasolabialfolds and eliminates acne caused by scared tissues
- Gives you tighter skin around your arms, thighs, and abdomen
We are proud to be one of the leading cosmetic clinics in the south for Thermage treatment. Our highly trained and experienced staffwho will guide you through the entire process from start to finish, using innovative and cutting-edge technology that will make your visit to the clinic enjoyable, comfortable and ultimiately satisfying.
Would you like to know more about Thermage?
Schedule a no obligation and freeconsultation today by contacting us. We look forward to assisting you in turning back the clock through this efficient skin treatment.