The Pour Moi Cosmetic Clinic and Dr Awad are regularly featured in the press. Below is an article that appeared in a local publication regarding the virtues of NaturePeel, and how it can lead to younger looking and fresher looking skin.
Full Transcript of the Press Article
Dr Dee Awad is a great advert for the benefits of practising what you preach. Her complexion is even and glowing, her hands soft and virtually un-blemished. I feel immediately self-conscious of my own and quickly tuck them out of view. But Dee isn’t looking at my hands, she is busy studying my face with an expert eye and there’s no way of hiding that.
“You don’t have problem skin, you have tired, dehydrated, stressed skin” she tells me. I cling to the positives which include Dr Awad’s assurance that I’m about to undergo a treatment that will leave my skin “resembling a baby’s bottom”. I’m just hoping she means a freshly bathed one.
I’m here to experience NaturePeel Microdermabrasion which her Pour Moi clinic in Canford Cliffs has been carrying out on clients with great results for more than a decade, but has recently taken delivery of a new, improved machine.
“The new technology means it is more efficient for clients with the removal of more layers of dead skin without redness” explains Dr Awad. “The benefit is glowing skin for at least two weeks.”
I’m left in the capable hands of Pour Moi therapist Sarah Scott who starts by cleansing my face before moving onto the serious business of removing dead skin cells on the top layer of my skin with pure salt. This is applied in blasts, using a disposable plastic handpiece.
There are five levels of treatment, five being the highest. Sarah selects number four for my T zone area (forehead, nose, and chin) while the more sensitive cheek area is treated with level three. It isn’t painful, but you can feel the slight scratch of salt, a little like being gentry rubbed with an emery board.
Afterwards a special Vitamin C enriched anti-aging mask is massaged into the skin using ultrasound. At this point my skin starts to prickle in a slightly uncomfortable way, similar to sunburn. It doesn’t last long and the massage is warm and soothing. We finish with an application of SPF 30. This is an essential for at least four to five days following treatment because new skin has been revealed which needs protecting.
Although there is no obvious redness after the treatment, I am told my body will react as if the skin has been insulted and produce new collagen and elastin to compensate – both contribute towards a youthful appearance but we naturally produce less of them as we age.
A day later my skin tone looks more even and generally fresher. A treatment every four to six weeks is recommended.
Dr Awad’s Six Essential Skin Savers
- Wear high factor SPF or sunblock daily, even during winter months, and not just on the face, but also on the hands, neck, and chest areas.
- Drink still water, at least a litre.
- If you’re trying to lose weight go for smaller portions rather than cutting out entire food groups like carbs and fats, or your skin will suffer.
- Use good quality skincare products; never use soap on the face.
- If you have a particular area of concern book a consultation with a suitably qualified professional with an in-depth knowledge of a range of different treatments and procedures. You might think an injectable like Botox is the solution to a less than youthful appearance, but the answer might actually be to work on improving the overall look of your skin.
- Have fun! Just as stress can leave skin looking jaded, nothing can beat the glow of genuine excitement and pleasure.
If you would like to know more about how NaturePeel could help you, then please get in touch with the Pour Moi Cosmetic Clinic to book an appointment.